Elizabeth Ann West is the author of five novels and seven novellas, 10 of which are story variations of Jane Austen’s “Pride & Prejudice.” Her books have won reader conference awards and hit the Historical Bestseller lists on Amazon, Kobo, and the iBooks stores multiple times. A lover of all things geeky, Elizabeth codes websites, dabbles in graphic design, and is always looking for new technology to learn and master. A Navy wife and mother of two, her family has lived all over the United States and is currently residing in upstate New York.
Join Elizabeth and me as we discuss:
- How she accidentally became an author.
- Her take on outsourcing some of the work and why she works with a partner.
- Her favorite part about being a full-time author.
- Why using Amazon is a privilege and not a right.
- The different ways she’s generating revenue.
- Why she doesn’t hesitate to give out her books for free.
- How the size of your mailing list doesn’t matter.
- Her worst moment as an author.
- Navigating Amazon eBook categories to your advantage.
- Why she went wide.
- How keywords can help your book get visible.
- The benefits of using Google Adwords instead of Facebook ads.
- One question to ask yourself when trying to find a genre to write in.
- What she’d do if she could do it all over again.